Today is National S’mores Day! No worries if you don’t happen to have a campfire nearby- here’s a dessert and cocktail recipe without the risk of flaming marshmallow projectiles!
- 7 whole graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 lb. milk chocolate wafers
- 12 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag and crush them up with a rolling pin. Combine graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and butter.
- Spoon mixture into a cupcake or mini-muffin baking pan. Press crumbs into a shallow cup shape. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling and start to brown.
- Cut marshmallows in half and place cut-side down onto the crumbs. Bake 1-2 minutes to soften the marshmallows. Wait until they cool completely and remove from pan before the next step.
- Heat chocolate wafers in a microwave on HIGH 1 minute-1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. If it gets too dry or chunks up add a few drops of vegetable oil. Dip the top of each marshmallow in melted chocolate. Let cool. *hint* If you don’t have a microwave just place a chocolate wafer on the marshmallows in the previous step.
- 3 parts Three Olives S’mores Vodka
- Crushed graham crackers, chocolate syrup, marshmallows
- Dip the rim of martini glass in chocolate syrup and coat with crushed graham crackers.
- Pour Three Olives S’mores into martini shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with a skewer of mini marshmallows!