- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- 1/4 cup triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios, toasted
- Mint leaves
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a blender, and process until smooth. Combine the strawberry puree and sliced strawberries in a bowl; cover and chill.
- Serve the strawberry mixture over the ice cream. Sprinkle with pistachio nuts. Garnish sundaes with mint leaves, for extra yum.